about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Friday, December 08, 2006

Federation Commander Newsletter

Graphics Director Jolene Settle Reports:
I spent two full days working on the Newsletter. It seemed perfect, even though I was scared to hit the submit button. I had even sent myself a test of it before I had sent it out to approximately 200 e-mail addresses. All in all, the Hailing Frequencies newsletter did not come out the way I wanted, so my apprehensions were correct. I had remembered that I added my personal Yahoo address to the mailing list, so I went and checked it, and when I opened the e-mail, the background was missing. Which would have not been such a big deal for me, except that I had written all of the text with WHITE on a dark blue background. So, for the people who couldn't read the Hailing Frequencies Newsletter, here it is, please enjoy it. Please. Your next Hailing Frequencies Newsletter e-mail will probably not in an HTML e-mail format. It will probably be a separate page uploaded to our site so you can click on the link to take you there. Let me know what you think about the Newsletter at graphics@starfleetgames.com

Steve Cole (her boss) reports: Jolene did an incredibly good job on something she had never tried before. It wasn't perfect, but we did learn a lot about it, and your help can only make it better. I wasn't much involved in this project, but Jolene and Marketing Director Vanessa did keep asking me for scenarios, ship cards, tactics, questions, and fiction they could include. If you have any comments-complaints-requests about the content, please do send them to Jolene and Vanessa who will (whenever Vanessa says I have time) ask me to whip up whatever is missing.