about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Into the Vaccuum

Steve Cole writes: There is something about the magical time a project is finished. (The copies of Tholian Attack are stacked in the warehouse to go out to wholesalers Monday.) OH, the project isn't REALLY over; I have to file the copyright forms, send the guys who earned free copies instructions on how to get them, and go put two copies in that box out in the warehouse marked "archive copies".

I have another project to do, of course. Boosters 13-14-15 (the March release group) go to press in a week or two, and I have already finished the five bonus ships and given them to Steve Petrick to review. When he's done they'll go to Mike West, then to all of TeamFC, then to the printer. (We have them reviewed in this order so that if there is a mistake ... and there are always several that get caught during this checking process ... I don't get ten identical reports of the same mistake.)

The April release series is easy for me (just miniatures, and the Omega Master Rulebook that Petrick has already finished). May has CL35 (I have GOT to finish that fiction story), June-July have FC:Battleships Attack and SFB:R11, and those will be busy months.

But perhaps for this week I can work on things that never got worked on when I was busy with FC:TA, such as PD:Feds, the paperback books, and Leanna's Fighting Starships. It is this magical "not very busy" time when I can get future products moved far enough along that we can actually put them on the release schedule.

What is really helping a lot is having Matt and Vanessa here. I can delegate things to them instead of spending time explaining why they aren't getting done.