about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Saturday at ADB

Leanna, Steve Petrick, and I are down here working, as we are virtually every Saturday.

Leanna is still processing mail orders. Major bunch of them all week. Crazy, but VERY welcome.

Petrick is working on SFB Module R11, and seems to think that when I quit stalling (i.e., finish the blog post) that I'm going to come in there and make some decisions for him. He's in charge of SFB now (has been for over a year) but still defers to me in some decisions (and gripes that I continue to make "universe" decisions that impact "his" game system). I had worked out the list of SSDs to include in pairs (players like both sides of one sheet of paper to be the same race) but I put all the pods (lots of them in R11) on six pages, and he spread them out throughout the book, so now we have odd pages all over the place and I either have to combine them, eliminate ships, or add ships. That, and I invented the "workboat" (a war-surplus civilianized gunboat) for use by RPG types and those have to go into R11 as well.

In theory, my day consists of doing the countersheet graphics for two products, which is a full eight-hour day, a day I won't start before 3pm. I got into the office late and exhausted (because Leanna thought this was the perfect morning to finish putting the paving stones into her new patio, the one by the gazebo, as opposed to the other patio, the one by the house). So I had to take a couple of hours to rest, and then lunch, and now I'm too full to work but Petrick says he's not staying down here to midnight doing his job just because I wouldn't get around to doing my job on time. He's got a legitimate complaint. Annoyingly, when he leaves, I'll have to continue doing counters (press deadlines are just ugly things that don't move) and won't have time to do more enjoyable things like customer-requested projects.

But whatever, bills to pay and pages to write before I sleep.