about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Stephen & Leanna on honeymoon

Sunday night, 6pm: We are in Las Vegas, at the Luxor. A note for those going to Vegas, these pirates charge $12.95 per day extra (on top of $200 a day for a room) for internet access. Staying in touch with you guys better be worth it. We have a huge luxury room with a big tub for two, but the only dataport for the computer is next to the bed. What dim bulb thought that one up? No only will the ethernet cord not reach the desk, the only place you can use the computer is where it would keep the other person in the room from sleeping or watching TV. Bad design, guys. At least when I am done on line, I can move to the "sitting room" and work on files. Last night in Flagstaff, I did five pages of CL36.

We left Flagstaff late (slept in, and Leanna had to go to Walmart to get something for her hair). Quiet drive to Kingman and then north to Las Vegas. Security at the dam was not a hassle; we spent more time for them to turn around two semi-trucks that couldn't read the 47 signs saying "no trucks over the dam" than we spent getting searched. Really aggravating was the slow speeds and huge crowds; when we leave here to go to the tiger place south of Flagstaff, we may go out via Needles.

Leanna is feeling... well, no worse, so she's hopeful that she'll be over it by tomorrow. I have come down with it, but other than the feeling in my throat that says "you caught something" I hardly notice; a fairly mild case, I guess (and hope). Leanna drove an hour today, spelling me from the five hours from Flagstaff to the wedding place. Final wedding arrangements were easy, took about 20 minutes. Tomorrow is the big day.

We went to Sizzler steak house, the first time we have been to one in three years, and it was just like last time, mediocre food for double the price. For what I paid for an 8oz steak in Vegas, I could have had a 12oz steak plus a superior salad bar in my home town.

Someday, somebody who knows how to run things is going to put all these morons out of business.