about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

Jean Sexton reports:

Steve Cole has posted that he, Leanna, and Steven Petrick are all home from Austin. It sounds like the trip was productive on many levels. Not only did they work with Steve Jackson Games, but they also got to visit with family in the area.

Yesterday SVC sounded very excited about his day. He and Leanna accompanied Steve Jackson to various printing companies and served as advisers about Print on Demand (POD) capabilities. Remember that earlier I wrote that the game industry has a very different culture from most businesses? Well, the various companies they went to could not believe that Steve Jackson's advisers were also his competitors!

I don't know about the Amarillo folks, but while I enjoy traveling, I also enjoy coming home to my bed, my easy chair -- in short, my home. I miss the furkids while I am gone and I think that they miss me (or perhaps the cats merely miss my opposable thumbs).

The one bad thing about traveling when you are in a small company is that no one does your work for you while you are away. It just sits and grows and Grows and GROWS! I know that I have sent Steve Cole reports on Ship Cards for Federation Commander and will soon be sending him a draft for another part of Prime Directive Federation. I am not the only one who gets Ship Cards, so probably my reports are multiplied by others. No doubt, orders have been sent in to ADB, Inc. I expect the Steves and Leanna to stay busy for the next week trying to catch up.

And now I return the StarBlog back to Steven Paul Petrick's capable hands. It has been a pleasure keeping you all informed.