about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost about Lost

This is Steven Petrick posting.

Well . . . I have watched Lost from the beginning to the end, and all I can say is that I am left with a massive feeling of disappointment, and anger.

The disappointment is that they did not explain ANYTHING. The Anger is that they got me to watch a two-hour special before the final episode that was billed as explaining things, and it did not explain anything that anyone with a normal level of attentiveness and intelligence could not have figured out.

I did not watch the show because of the characters (although I liked a lot of them and probably would not have hung around if there had not been good characters), I watched because I was hooked on the mysteries about the island.

The show has ended, and I do not know: Who built the temple?

Who built the Egyptian looking statue, why was it staring out to sea, and why did they build it?

Where did "The Others" come from?

Was Jacob and the Man-in-Black's Foster Mother also capable of smoke monster abilities (if not . . . who or what wiped out the first village that was going to help the Man-in-Black leave the island)?

How did anyone figure out that you could build a wheel and steer the Island? Since the wheel was not installed by Man-in-Black and the first village, who did install it since the Dharma initiative found it there?

How did the Dharma initiative figure out how to find the island in the first place (and apparently continue to airdrop supplies onto the island decades after their original team was wiped out by The Others)?

What the heck is going on with all the characters in the flash sideways anyway? Were they all already dead?

I could continue to list things and probably easily cover several pages of questions that I was expecting answers to by the end of the show.

All I can really say right now is that you can pretty much expect me to never watch any show these two "geniuses" put on in the future as I resent having waited till the end of this series just to be told "the background does not matter, just watch the people, that is all that matters."

SVC has an idea that they should do a special with the actor who was the head of the Dharma Initiative on the Island answering all of the questions and explaining what really happened. I think that would be nice, and I would watch it, but I am not holding my breath.