about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Friday, February 07, 2014

Write Right

Klingons
See the fire from the D7
And the ship that is slith'ring
His ships sideslip away
Like the D7
I yearn to turn and "DirDam" my foes
I am waiting for the day ...

Midnight
Not a sound from the players
Have they all gone to hotels?
I am proofing alone
In the lamplight
The proofread pages fall to my feet
And the Steves begin to moan.

Memory
All alone in the lamplight
I can smile at the old days
Words had capitals then
I remember the time when all the jargon was used
Let the memory live again

Every story
Seemed to have a semicolon missing ...
The Steves do mutter,
"Increase that gutter!
Our prose she is now dissing..."

Daylight
I must wait for retirement
I must think of perfection
And I mustn't give in
When that day comes
Tonight will be a memory too
And perfection will begin

Burnt-out hulls of smoking ships
The ozone smell of photons
The Fed ship dies, another battle's over
Another day to proof on

Write right
It's so easy to write right
About your last ship fight
And not to use jargon
If you write right
I'll understand what happiness is

Look
A new game has begun


Parody copyright (c) 2011 Jean Sexton and ADB, Inc.