about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Friday, June 20, 2014

RANDOM THOUGHTS #194

Steve Cole's evil twin reflects on his role as G.O.D. of the Star Fleet Universe.
       

1. I worry about the health of my employees, especially the ones that roll their eyes during staff meetings when I'm explaining my plans for the company.
       

2. I worry about the physical well-being of my customers, but only the ones that argue with me. Or complain.
    

3. Someone said I should close ADB and retire to live on my savings. The problem is I don't really know what I'm going to live on for the second week.
  

4. Jean and Leanna said I needed to sign up for anger management classes. I told them that instead of that could they just keep people from making me angry.
    

5. Jean said I had to confront my demons. I said that I confronted them every night when I invited them over to play poker after which we curled up together and snuggled.
      

6. If I take time out of my busy day to rewrite your local campaign rules or the PBEM rules or the tournament rules, a simple "thank you" will suffice. I really do not need all of this "Who the heck asked you to butt in?" stuff.
    

7. I can tell if Jean or Leanna are angry by watching their hands. If they're smacking me in the head, that's a pretty good sign that they're angry.
    

8. Nice publishers share the design credits. Mean publishers don't credit with anyone for the ideas they stole. I find it more efficient to share the design credits and then execute the people whose ideas I stole so I don't have to share the money.
        

9. Jean and Leanna say I should embrace change but that instead I resist change. I pointed out that I do not resist change. What I do is stop it cold in its tracks with however much firepower that takes (and then some).
     

10. Successful people read every day. Failures watch TV every day. Myself? I read while watching TV every day. What does that get me?