about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Movies Unseen

This is Steven Petrick posting.

When did going to the movies become so hard?

I looked up recently, and noticed that several movies was interested in seeing have come to the theaters, and gone, and I did not go. Not even to the $2.00 theater to see them.

Does not sound like much, until you consider that not only have I not seen the latest "Night at the Museum" film, but it was too difficult to go see "The Battle of the Five Armies" and the conclusion of "The Hunger Games" even though I had seen all of the previous movies in those series.

It is not like it is any harder to get to the main movie theater here in Amarillo (I drive right by it every morning on the way to the office, and every evening on my way home). The experience has just become something I am no longer willing to endure.

I honestly do not think I will go to see the next "Star Trek" film, much less the next iteration of the "Star Wars" series.

I would much rather go to my own home and read a book or watch something on TV.