about the universe forum commander Shop Now Commanders Circle
Product List FAQs home Links Contact Us

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A Blog From Steven Petrick

This is Steven Petrick posting.

Hard as it is to believe, this has been on my mind since last night, and I still do not have a real cogent thought of something to say to make it interesting.

The Romulan Master Starship Book is waiting on final reports and graphics. Most, but not all, of the graphic requests have been generated (new ones from the current issue of Captain's Log have not been generated, and the Generic List has not been completed), and some "alibis" have crept in requiring fixes to supposedly completed graphics (when does that never happen?). I am hesitant to send out the Lyran Master Starship Book for checks until the Romulan Master Starship Book is deemed ready for publication. I want the checkers focused on the Romulan Master Starship Book until then in hopes of keeping the error rate down.

Module C2's scenario graphics have been requested, but there are still a few reports to incorporate before I try assembling the book to see what "crashes."

I have a "Battle Group" scenario in mind (for both Federation Commander and Star Fleet Battles, but it might also work for A Call To Arms: Star Fleet), but keep forgetting to discuss it with SVC. More a problem that we are both busy and when both of us are not busy, that is when I forget to talk to him about it.

Captain's Log #52 is getting some attention already (not just the Battle Group article). I have started work on the Monster Article, and there is already a selection of SSDs done (six so far) for consideration for that issue. There is also a selection of scenarios already done, and doubtless more will be done between now and then. I know a lot of you think everything is a mad rush at the end when we do a Captain's Log, but I do make some effort to do material in advance so that I am available to work on other things. Does not always work out, and Jean is never satisfied with my efforts, but she has too many things to do herself to check the stuff that comes out early. She is soon going to be completely engrossed in final edits of the Romulan Master Starship Book, and then probably bombarded to get the Lyran Master Starship Book edited.